My husband and I love Christmas time. I was brainstorming some fun things we could do this holiday season and I thought I’d share some of them! Merry Christmas!
1. Hot chocolate and Christmas movie marathon.
2. Make Christmas ornaments.
3. Bake Christmas cookies for your friends and coworkers.
4. Go to your local Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting.
5. Decorate your Christmas tree together.
6. Memorize the Christmas story together.
7. Talk about your favorite Christmas memories.
8. Go Christmas shopping for your families.
9. Wrap presents together.
10. Go to a local church’s Christmas musical or play.
11. Drive around and look at Christmas lights. (Last year, Brad and I made an “award” for the best Christmas lights in Springfield. Once we decided on the house with our favorite lights, we left it at the house for the owners to find!)
12. Buy ugly Christmas sweaters from a thrift store.
13. Go on a nighttime walk in the park (ideally in the snow).
14. Drive through your local Christmas lights display.
15. Make home-made gifts instead of buying this year.
16. Volunteer at a local food pantry or soup kitchen. (The Springfield Salvation Army is looking for volunteers this season!)
17. Make paper snowflakes.
18. Go to your local symphony or ballet.
19. Learn to play and sing your favorite Christmas songs.
20. Make a list of Christmas traditions for your family.
21. Make a gingerbread house.
22. Watch the Christmas episodes of all your favorite shows.
23. Go ice skating.
24. Go to a local Christmas Parade of Homes. (Midtown Springfield is having a home tour the first weekend of December!)
25. Chop down your own Christmas tree at a local Christmas tree farm.
26. Write a Christmas card letter about the past year to send your extended family.
27. Decorate sugar cookies.
28. Visit a live nativity.
29. Make home-made Christmas cards.
30. Have a “summer in December” date and go swimming at an indoor pool.
31. Run a holiday 5K. (Like the Turkey Trot or Silver Dollar City’s Race to the Lights.)
32. Watch old Christmas movies like It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and White Christmas.
33. Go to a local Christmas pageant or play.
34. Go to a Christmas parade.
35. Go Christmas caroling at a nursing home.
Look for Christmas events going on in your town! Christmas only comes once a year, so enjoy it!