Last New Years Day I began this blog. I had recently gotten into blogging and thought I would try my hand at it myself. I’m a scientist, so I like numbers and statistics. Here are some stats:
- In 2012 my blog was viewed approximately 5,600 times. (Way more than my long-blogging husband!)
- The most views in one day was 140 on August 5th. (What a popular day!)
- I blogged 67 times. (That’s more than once a week!)
- I uploaded 465 photos. (Kinda photo-happy.)
- My blog was viewed from 35 countries. (Who are you people??)
- My top viewed posts were TOMS Makeover, 8 gift ideas for those hard-to-buy-for guys, One month: thoughts on my married life, The Honeymoon (Pt. 1), and A Love Story.
This blog began with a simple intention. I wanted to try my hand at writing and have a place to share the crafts I created. As most things in life, how I used this blog turned out differently than I originally expected.
I got engaged in the spring, so this became a place that I posted about a girls favorite topics: wedding planning, the honeymoon, and our new life in Springfield. Since it’s birth, my blog has almost turned into more of a life-journal or online scrapbook. This has become the place where I’ve put my thoughts and shared my experiences for the past year. I’ve enjoyed blogging so much more than I expected, and I’m excited to continue in 2013.
For those of you who are more observant, you may have noticed that I recently changed the name of my blog! (I’m also looking for a new layout.) This year was sort of a trial-run for whether blogging was something I wanted to continue doing over time. I’ve decided that it is, so I intend to make it a little more legit-looking.
I’d encourage you to try blogging if you’ve been considering it. You never know if you’ll enjoy something until you try it!
Thanks for following along in 2012. Here’s to a new year!